I'm still in awe that the time has finally come! Nate and I are both so ready to meet our sweet little guy, and cannot wait for all of you meet him as well.
First off, I just want to mention I am a new mom and naturally an over packer haha. So bare with me as I over pack for the hospital. I swear you would think I was either moving in or planning to stay there for at least a couple weeks haha. Oh well, better safe than sorry. Also, thanks so much for all of your advice during this packing process because I had no clue what to bring at first.
So after a lot of research I decided to go with the most commonly suggested items as well a few of your suggested items such as a trash bag or bag for our dirty clothes. It didn't even occur to me that most of items of clothing will probably end up dirtier/smellier than they would on a typical day, haha.
- 3 sets of Pajamas gowns.
- 1 set of pajamas with pants (typically I'm not a fan of pants especially while sleeping, but I've heard with a C-section I am going to want someone on to help me not feel like I'm falling out). So I will be bringing this to wear if that's the same case for me.
- Belly band to help keep everything tucked in.
- Going home outfit
- Nursing pads
- Slides and Slippers
- Makeup: Mascara, tinted moisturizer, & powder
- Shower items (shampoo, conditioner, face wash, body wash)
- Earth Mama Nipple Butter / Nipple & Lip Butter (couldn't decide which one I wanted). I will say the Nipple and lip butter has done wonders for my lips!
- Hair: hairbrush, ponytails
- Chapstick & Deodorant
- Shower towel
- Dermoplast (spray numb)
- Nursing bras (I got 2 different styles)
- Fuzzy socks with grips on the bottom
- Frida Delivery gown
- Frida C-Section Recovery Kit
- Frida Labor and Delivery + Postpartum Recovery Kit (won't actually need this since we will be doing the C-section route, but wanted to keep it packed in case Liam does decide to flip last second.
- Breast milk storage bags
- Softshell breast shells for sore nipples
- Breastfeeding nipple shield (just in case)
- Picture outfit ( love this baby knot gown and hat, linked here)
- Going home outfit
- 2 pajamas
- 1-2 hats
- Personalized Swaddle (linked here)
- Receiving blanket
- Portable Baby Soother
- Pacifiers (don't plan on using them, but wanted to have them just in case)
- Vava night light
- 2 change of clothes / boxers / socks
- shirt for hospital photos
- toiletries (toothbrush, deodorant, eye contact solution)
- sheet / blanket
- shower towel
- Chargers (phone / laptop)
- Books to read to Liam
- Snacks for us
- Snack Basket for nurses
- Driver license
- Insurance card
- Bobby pillow
- Small fan
I'm sure there are few things I'm missing, and also bringing that I won't use. I have everything packed away in our suitcase and Beis weekender bag (this bag is ammmmazing)! Can't wait to introduce y'all to Liam soon! Let me know if there is anything I'm missing in the comments below.